Monday, October 11, 2010

Life needs to SLOW down!

I always say I'm going to get better about writing in my journal, keeping a blog going, etc...... but I don't! Every time I sit down to write in my journal I feel like all I am doing is playing catch up! SOOOO, here is the Mafi Family Scoop!

Nik is DRIVING! He turned 15 last month and demanded that I take him to the DMV on his birthday cuz he couldn't wait another day! He is actually a pretty good driver, but he likes speed like his mama. Nik is also doing AMAZING playing quarter back for his Freshman football team. I was nervous for him because he has never played quarterback ever, not even in flag football. He is killing it though! Nik is also doing great in school keeping his grades up and keeping a 4.0.

Jake is having a great time playing baseball with some of his buddies. He is such a natural at baseball! He is also doing great maintaining a 4.0 in school. His inter mural football team took 2nd place! Jake is the funniest kid I know! He keeps me laughing all the time.

Sarah is my beautiful baby girl that is turning 12 next week! WHAT? How the heck did that happen? She is so glad to graduate from primary and move on in to Young Woman's! The last year of primary is soooo hard for most kids! Sarah is so much help to me! There are times I come home and she has the whole house cleaned, laundry folded and Kali'i is happy as a clam cuz she has been so good to him. She is my angel :).

Kali'i Kali'i Kali'i! Where do I begin with this kiddo! He is my little buddy! The other day I asked him to do something and he bows with his hands prayer like in front of him says, "Yes, your highness." I laughed so hard & I had to ask him to say it for me like a dozen more times that day! He is one that we don't generally turn our backs on for long..... I went to an early morning meeting at the church one Sunday and everyone was still asleep. Well Kali'i was the first one up and no one knew it! He found some matches and went out to the garage with them and while standing on the rug proceeded to light about 100 of them, which he drops to extinguish! All I can say is there were angels watching out for him and our house because I was out serving the Lord! SCARY!!! Love him to death!

As for Afu and I, we are great! I was recently released from my calling as Primary President about a month ago. I have been in that position for about 7 years total, in 2 different wards. Love it, but glad for a change! And I was put back into scouts! I have had this calling about oh a dozen or more times! Oh well, at least it will be easy because I already have a pretty good idea about what I am doing! Afu was called to be a gospel doctrine teacher. This is going to be so good for him. Nik was laughing when he got the call and said, "Dad, I don't think most of the ward even knows you speak English!" He is a quiet man, what can I say?

1 comment:

  1. I was so sad/relieved when I heard you had been released! You were an amazing Primary Prez - but man. 7 years. Bishops don't even stay in their calling for that long! It will be such a nice change of scene for you, but I know the primary will miss you.

    I sure do miss that primary!

    Bill and I got called as CTR-5 teachers! I felt so proud of myself because I knew all the songs. The primary program made me cry, but I was so sad that I was missing the 11th ward's program. I miss those angels.

    Loved your update!

    KEEP 'EM COMING!!

    ReplyDelete